Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 15- Share a moment, phrase, or song that has changed your life the most

Hey guys. Sorry its been so long since i have blogged. Ive been oober busy with my new job,new friends, new bible studies, and figuring out what is next. Gods been working miracles here!!

The Phrase that comes to mind is "touch the untouchable" While taking biblical studies in Texas i took a class Luke and the life of Christ. Our teacher pat said the most profound amazing thing i have ever heard.. it was Jesus touched the untouchable.. so we really live and do this like we should? It made me wanna go give everyone a hug and love on them and touch them..I love this phrase cause so much of the world and people in just need a simple touch. I reassurance they are still Human and not monsters. A Reassurance that there is still a god there to take care of them.

This reminded me of a story from Canada that changed my life. As we are doing some biblical drama and acting this homeless guy just starts bawling and crying in front of our stage. He is completely drunk and oven taken by thoughts of killing his brother for who knows what reason. My heart hurts for this guy and Jordon and I sat and talked to him for at least a hour. Talked to him about Jesus and told him its not right to kill his brother. He told us how he does drugs, drinks, and other things. We hurt for him. Eventually the older missionary there comes and tells us we have to go back with out team but not before we give him a bible. They are use to seeing this scene a drunk in the park who will not remember a thing we said all cracked out. I refused to believe that's what he was.. as we headed back with out team i burst into tears. The world is hurting so bad. There are so many people like this and its cause Satan messed it all up. Can you imagine how Jesus feels for this guy. Its his Child he mourns for him. He asks his children to take care of him. Who else will show him Jesus? My team settles down to pray for him and pray for Canada and who shows up a hour later to pray with us.. the homeless man. We are all praying in a circle and he just takes my hand and starts praying!! I was amazing by God then. God really did touch him so much to where he came back and understood praying and what we were doing. I still pray for him. Who knows where he is today but we are called to be Jesus to EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment